What Should You Do After A Car Accident?
9 Steps To Take After Any Motor Vehicle Accident Near Rochester, New York
- Always call the police if you are able. Do not just work things out with other people at the scene of the crash.
- Take pictures at the accident scene and get witness contact information if you can. Get another person to do it for you if you cannot.
- Get a copy of the police report as soon as possible.
- Get insurance information from other drivers involved in the crash.
- Call your auto insurance company to report the crash, and get your No-Fault insurance medical claim number. Making a No-Fault claim will not raise your insurance premium rate.
- Get medical treatment right away and document your treatment. Do not refuse an ambulance or medical attention. Remember to provide your doctor with your No-Fault insurance claim number.
- Tell the doctor about everything that hurts, no matter how insignificant you may think it is. Everything is important when insurance is involved.
- Follow through on all treatment instructions from your doctor. Do not worry about what your health insurance will cover.
- Contact an experienced car accident lawyer fast!
We will help you through all legal and insurance matters. Your attorney at Kammholz Rossi PLLC – Personal Injury Lawyers, will be your guide throughout the legal process. We will be honest with you about whether you have a case and how exactly we can help you from the very beginning. Our attorneys have over 35 years of combined legal experience, and we can vigorously fight for your maximum compensation at trial and in negotiations with insurance companies.
DO NOT speak with the other driver’s insurance company before you speak with us! They are hoping to be able to assign some fault to you. Never give an insurance adjuster a recorded statement without consulting your own attorney first.
The correct order of phone calls you should make after a car accident:
- Police — 911
- Your family
- Hospital or primary care doctor
- Your insurance company
- Kammholz Rossi PLLC – Personal Injury Lawyers: 585-678-4500