Experienced Upstate New York Scaffolding Accidents Lawyers
Falls from ladders, scaffolding and other heights are among the most common of many risks faced by construction workers. Even longstanding, highly safety-conscious workers fall and suffer serious or catastrophic injuries due to a wide range of causes ranging from faulty equipment to errors in judgment by others on the site.
New York state law contains very strong protections for construction workers, with many specific statutes addressing mandatory safety requirements for work performed at elevation. It is very important for seriously injured fall victims and their families to recognize that many situations allow recovery of damages beyond the benefits provided by workers' compensation insurance alone.
Was the Building Owner, General Contractor or Other Party Negligent?
At Kammholz Messina, LLP, legal advocacy for injured construction workers in actions against building owners, general contractors and others who breach safety laws is a clear focus. Our proven Rochester ladder fall lawyers are prepared to investigate what happened and take decisive action for you after accidents such as:
- A fall from a defective ladder or a ladder unsuitable for the specific job
- A fall caused by improper placement of a ladder on an uneven surface, on top of debris or without proper stabilization
- A scaffolding collapse due to improper assembly, structural defects or overloading, among other potential causes
- A fall from scaffolding due to the lack of guardrails or failures in other safety precautions
- Any injury-causing or fatal construction accident caused by use of the wrong elevation structure or device for the job — such as the use of a ladder where scaffolding is required
Put Our Legal Knowledge and Determination to Work for Your Future
These are just a few examples of falls and other accidents that may justify a lawsuit against someone other than your employer. Our attorneys know from extensive relevant experience representing upstate New York construction workers that the challenges they face due to inability to work can be personally and financially overwhelming.
If you have suffered a serious or disabling injury in a fall on a construction site, the law may well be on your side. To put experienced, assertive lawyers on your side, too, call or e-mail our firm now for a free, no-risk case evaluation.